To save you time and effort in finding your new home, Paradigm Property Solutions wants you to know upfront what is required to qualify to be a resident. You are welcome to submit an application if you believe you meet the qualifications.
- Applications for apartment homes will be accepted on a first come – first serve basis and are subject to the availability of the particular apartment type requested.
- In most cases, your application can be approved within 24-48 hours of receipt. This will vary and depends on the availability of your references.
- A holding fee equal to $100.00 will be required to reserve the apartment during the application process. The move in date must be within 2 weeks of the date you apply. If your application is denied, your holding deposit is fully refundable.
- For applicants with pets, there is an additional non-refundable pet fee of $250.00, plus an additional $10 per month, per pet. Pets will only be accepted at certain properties with prior written authorization. There is a maximum of 2 pets per home, and restrictions on breed and size will apply and will vary by property. Please call the office for additional information.
- Approved applicants must set up utilities in their name with the utility provider prior to move in. Utility account numbers must be provided at the lease signing before keys are turned over.
Applicant Acceptance Requirements
- Each resident over 18 years and older must complete and sign a separate application. Please make sure the application is completed in full. Information that is left out can delay the approval process.
- A non-refundable application fee of $35.00 is required from each applicant.
- Persons convicted of midemeanor crimes against people, property, drug related, gang related and or/crimes against children within the last 7 years may be denied. Persons convicted of a felony within the last 10 years will be automatically denied.
- Inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for immediate denial.
- Unit occupancy is not to exceed two persons per bedroom. Minors under the age of 2 years old are exempt from this calculation.
- Good credit will be required for each applicant to qualify for the lowest security deposit. That will include no unpaid collection items (this excludes medical collections), and all revolving accounts and installment plans paid on time. Discharged bankruptcies are acceptable.
- In the event that your credit does not meet this criteria, you may still qualify with a higher deposit, or co-signer. (See below)
- Collection items from a previous landlord will be grounds for immediate denial.
- All information shown on the credit report is subject to verification, including previous addresses and place of employment.
- The household’s gross monthly income must be two and a half (2.5 ) times the amount of the monthly rent.
- Income will be verified verbally through all employers. In the event your employer cannot be reached, you may submit 2 months worth of pay stubs to verify your income.
- In the event that your household’s income does not meet this criteria, you may still qualify with a higher deposit, or co-signer. (See below)
- Applicant must have at least 6 months of good rental history. This will include timely rent payments, proper notice of cancellation or non-renewal, no outstanding balances or history of lease violations. Relatives do not qualify as rental references.
- Denial of application will be immediate for evictions, property damage beyond normal wear and tear, refusal to re-rent by previous landlords, and/or outstanding balance to previous landlords.
- Owning a home for the past 2 years with a mortgage in good standing on your credit report will also be accepted as good rental history.
- No rental history or less than 6 months rental history may require a co-signer.
- In the event that a co-signer is required for approval, the following requirements will need to be met:
- The co-signer must fill out a separate application and pay a non-refundable application fee of $35.00. They must have excellent credit, make 4 times the monthly rent in income, and be a property owner to qualify.
- The co-signer will be listed on the lease agreement and will be financially responsible in the event that the residents cannot fulfill their lease agreement.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY HOUSING: Paradigm Property Solutions is an Equal Housing Opportunity Provider. We do business in accordance to the Federal Fair Housing Act and do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin, age and marital status. Additionally, we provide housing in accordance with all other state or local laws if those laws provide greater protection than the Federal Fair Housing Act.